The first steps to take when going through the process of buying a home
One of the most important decisions that many people make is deciding whether or not to buy a home. When you are going through the process, there are a few things that need to be done in order to ensure everything goes smoothly and successfully. In this blog post, we will discuss some of these first steps so you can get started on your way towards buying your new home!
- First Things First! One of the first things that you need to do is get your finances in order. If you are not already working with a mortgage lender, then it might be time to start doing so now. They can help you determine how much money will qualify for what type of home, as well as help educate you on different types of loans that you can get.
- Once You’ve Got Your Lender, Take A Look At The Market! Before choosing a home to buy, it is important to take the time and look at different ones for sale in your area. This will help give you an idea of what types of homes are available so when looking at potential houses, you have a good idea of what to look for.
- Start House Hunting! After doing your research on the market and finding a few houses that peak your interest, it is now time to go out and tour them in person. This will help give you an idea if the house is really what you are looking for or not. It will also allow you to figure out if the house is in a good location, not too far from work or school, etc.
- After Meeting With Your Realtor To Review The Properties That You Have Viewed As Well As Discussing Any Questions Or Concerns You May Have About The Market In General And Each Property That Was Shown. After narrowing down your choices, it is now time to make an offer on the house that you have chosen. This can be a daunting task, but with the help of your Realtor they will be able to guide you through every step of the way!
- Once The Offer Is Made And Accepted By The Seller, You Will Go Into Escrow. This Is Where The Buyer And Seller Will Sign All Of The Documents That Are Needed To Finalize The Transaction! During this time it is important to be completely honest with your Realtor, especially when it comes to discussing any additional costs that will need to get paid out of pocket in addition to the home itself. At this point, it is important to pay attention to your lender as well in order to ensure that all of the required documents are being met.
- Now you're ready to lock in your rate and close the deal on your new home! If everything has been signed and agreed upon on both sides, you will meet with your agent to do a final walk through, your lender to finalize the loan, and the title company or attorney to sign all the final closing documents.
Congrats! You just bought a house. Your agent will typically meet you to deliver the keys to your new home. You can finally enjoy your new home! Congratulations on making one of the biggest decisions in your life and we wish you all the best in the years to come!
After reading this, I'm sure you are thinking to yourself "it can't be that easy".. but I'm here to tell you that it is that easy. If you are ready to take the first step and talk with a lender, reach out to me so we can get you connected to some of the best lenders around. In that same conversation, we can talk about what you are looking for and your timeline goals. Simply CLICK HERE to get started.
Wes Bender - Real Estate Professional